As a healthcare professional, it is your responsibility to protect the privacy of your patient records. There exists the need of HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant medical transcription services.
Physicians would benefit greatly by outsourcing their daily medical transcription needs to transcription firms that offer HIPAA compliant medical transcription services. Through medical transcription services with HIPAA compliance, physicians will get assurance that their patient’s health related information will be protected as per HIPAA norms.
In order to protect patients’ medical records and ensure confidentiality, medical transcription firms will equip the computer with
- Secure, password protected email and FTP sites
- Regular Windows updates involving computer security
- File encryption software
- Firewall protection
HIPAA medical transcription involves transcribing dictations of medical records including physical/operative reports, consultation notes, discharge summaries, lab/x-ray reports, independent medical assessments and pathology reports.
By making use of state-of-the-art infrastructure, high-end innovative software technologies, highly experienced transcribers and dictation technology, medical transcription companies provide end-to-end HIPAA compliant medical transcription services to physicians. In order to ensure data accuracy, all transcribed files are re-verified, proofread and reviewed with the help of state-of-the-art medical resources. They also offer clients flexible dictation options with customized format of delivered text.
Advantages of HIPAA Compliant Medical Transcription Services
- Streamlines business processing
- Guaranteed data security
- Ensures privacy of patient records and data
- Increased data efficiency
- Quick turnaround time from 12-24 hours
- Multi-level checks by professionals to prevent errors
- 128-bit data encryption for all transferred files
- Flexible dictation options
- Updates virus definitions daily
- Provides security measures to prevent theft or vandalism of any information stored on systems
As a client, you have the right to file a complaint against medical transcription companies that fail to follow HIPAA guidelines. The complaint should be submitted to the OCR manager of any region within 180 days of the violation.