Health Information Management (HIM) is a process of updating and safeguarding healthcare reports. In fact, people who are involved in this task provide an important service towards the delivery of medical care. A superior medical transcription service provider would contribute to proper HIM and thereby, quality healthcare in several ways.
How They Contribute – Some of the Ways
- Accuracy – By developing 99 percent accurate transcripts, the service provider ensures continuity, provides valid proof should a malpractice suit arise, offers useful information for research and education and provides the foundation for scheduling future care.
- Completeness – With complete information pertaining to a patient’s past health issues and records in the transcripts, healthcare professionals can devise a suitable treatment plan.
- Relevance – The medical transcriptionists would incorporate only relevant information in the records therefore making it easier and more convenient for the healthcare provider to advise proper treatment.
- Speed – Completed transcripts are usually delivered within 24 hours of receiving the physician dictations. This not only helps in timely healthcare but also in getting reimbursements faster.
- Accessibility – An established medical transcription vendor has convenient archiving included as part of the transcription, which makes it easier to access files created up to a year before.