Neurologists diagnose and treat of disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves, interacting closely with related specialties. Diagnosis is based on clinical principles, closely attending to patient history and detailed physical examination.Medical transcription services for neurology are focused on providing these specialists with quality reports for a wide range of disorders – from bradykinetic disorders, cervical spine disorders, cranial nerve disorders and cognitive disorders to tumors, headaches, strokes, epilepsy, sleep disorders, and more.
Accurate and timely medical documentation is critical to the success of neurology treatment. Here are five things critical to a neurology transcription service:
- High quality documentation: Accurately transcribed reports depend on the transcription process that the medical transcription company has in place. The service provider should have a team of trained and experienced transcriptionists well-versed in neurology transcription on the job, and not rely on speech recognition software. Multiple dictation options such as via telephone and digital machines are significant benefits. Stringent quality control processes are also important for accuracy levels of up to 99%.
- Turnaround time: Customized turnaround time is important. A 24-hour turnaround time is necessary to ensure speedy diagnosis and treatment. Some medical transcription companies may charge more for faster turnaround.
- EMR compatibility: It is important that the neurology transcription service complies with the electronic medical record system of the practice. New law necessitates migration to electronic health records by 2014. A professional service provider can assure automatic updating of EMR by directly uploading files into the system as well as quality document flow management for end-to-end data tracking.
- HIPAA compliance: This is critical for ensuring confidentiality of medical records and patient information. Transfer of files through FTP and browser-based multiple encryption protocols would ensure security.
- Competitive pricing: The billing method is important. The rate charged is typically 65 characters per line. Volume rates are often offered for large scale projects. A neurology transcription service that can save the specialist up to 30-40% compared to in-house transcription is a great choice.
Medical transcription is here to stay. A neurology practice that is discerning enough to look for the right qualities in a medical transcription company can ensure efficient patient care and higher revenues.