By outsourcing your in-house medical transcription process to a reputable healthcare business process outsourcing company, it is possible to give more time, attention and resources to patient care. However, it is important to choose the right service provider to get maximum benefits.
Selecting from Various Medical Transcription Companies – Some Tips
- Do Research – Get the names of possible medical transcription companies from your contacts or Google. Research them by verifying the information pertaining to their organization, service quality and the number of years the business has been in service, and contacting provided references to verify their authenticity.
- Number of Clients – The more the number of clients a particular business has, the better the quality of service you can expect from them.
- Flexibility – The more flexible the service, the more convenient it would be for you. You can expect flexibility in dictation options, modes of file transfer, formatting and turnaround.
- Accuracy – The company you eventually choose should give you transcripts that are 99 percent accurate (minimum) consistently.
- Customized Solutions – Don’t go for a company that adopts a one-size fits all approach.
- Free Trial – Go for a company that provides this service. The free trial would enable you to analyze whether a particular company’s services are really as good as it professes them to be.
- Cost-reducing – The service provider you choose should help you cut operating costs for transcription by at least 30 percent.