In order to enhance office efficiency and productivity, most of the healthcare firms in the US outsource their transcribing jobs to medical transcription companies. Those who employ medical transcription firms to do their transcription jobs don’t have to invest too much money to buy transcription equipment and train staff.
Besides enhancing your office efficiency and productivity, medical transcription services can also help the medical institutions save their valuable time as well as money. Medical professionals can fully utilize their time for patient care and maximize their productivity, resulting in better revenue. By outsourcing your medical transcription task, you can easily manage various medical reports such as physical reports, patient history, laboratory summaries, consultation notes, referrals, follow-up letters, death summaries and X-ray reports cost-effectively within a short turnaround time. Services available in this field help reduce your workload and improve productivity.
To be more precise, medical transcription services enhance efficiency and productivity by:
- Allowing medical professionals to focus on their core business activities
- Reducing operating cost: By outsourcing, you can significantly reduce the operating cost as there is no need to own a dictation system or upgrade to the latest equipment.
- Saving cost: Medical transcription firms help medical professionals save 40% to 60% on the cost of medical transcription. With the help of a medical transcription service provider, you can save cost on employee benefits, such as payroll taxes, medical office space, health insurance and office equipment.
- Speeding up reimbursements: In medical transcription outsourcing, patient medical records are created on time. This can speed up reimbursements as patient medical records provide the base for coding and billing.
Other benefits of medical transcription services include:
- High level of accuracy
- Encrypted and secure file transfer
- Improves work flow
- HIPAA compliant medical transcription services
- Eliminates transcription headaches
- Shortens turnaround time
- Provides security measures to prevent vandalism of any information stored on the system