Outsourcing medical transcription has proved to be a cost-effective option for the medical industry compared to transcribing the medical reports in-house. In in-house medical transcription, too much of time needs to be spent in maintaining the dictation system, allocating transcription work, setting document priority and maintaining archives of audio and documents.
Moreover, operational expense for in-house medical transcriptions is very high. So, outsourcing medical transcription services reduces overheads and improves overall office efficiency. Besides, you don’t have to worry about upgrading to the latest equipment or own a dictation system.
With the help of medical transcription outsourcing services, healthcare management companies, clinics and hospitals can easily manage various reports such as physical reports, patient history, laboratory summaries, consultation notes, referrals, follow-up letters, death summaries and X-ray reports cost-effectively and in minimum time.
By outsourcing medical transcription services, medical professionals are benefited with the following:
- Significantly eliminate overhead costs
- Save money spent on daily transcribing needs
- Eliminate the drawbacks of paperwork
- Focus on core activities and increase efficiency in patient care
- Improve overall revenue
- Reliability in turnaround time
- Complete data security
- Quality checking at three levels
- 99% accuracy
- High confidentiality of patient data
- HIPAA compliance
Today, there are so many medical transcription services available. Medical transcription services include – radiology transcription, cardiology transcription, gynecology transcription, dental transcription, psychology transcription, neurology transcription, dermatology transcription and more. These services are provided to a wide range of practices and organizations that can include hospitals, healthcare facilities, laboratories, clinics, individual doctors and physicians’ groups.
The features of medical transcription outsourcing services include:
- Web-based and toll free dictation and transcription solution
- Web-based file transfer
- Electronic medical record solution
- Record conversion and migration
- Health information management solutions
- EMR customization and maintenance, based on the client’s practice