Medical Transcription Services: HIPAA and Security
The personal information of patients, medical records, and the security of healthcare data are critical elements for any healthcare organization. The HIPAA Act was designed and passed by the U.S. Congress with a view to safeguard patient identities; protect the rights of individuals and their health information through improved security standards.
As a client-sensitive medical transcription company, MTS Transcription Services (MTS) knows the importance of maintaining confidentiality of all patient related records. To protect valuable patient data, we comply with all the necessary protocols as per HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations.
Medical Data Security Assured - Our HIPAA-compliant Workflow and Policies
In order to monitor all compliance activity with HIPAA, we have our HIPAA officers with relevant experience in the field. Along with ensuring compliance with existing guidelines, they always keep up to date with every change in the guidelines.
- Physical and technical safeguards - No information leaves the transcription department. No home-based transcriptionist will be used. Every employee is searched when entering and leaving the premises.
- Password security - To use the computers and to start Windows, passwords are required. Firewalls and antivirus software on all computers are updated daily. All lockers used for storage are password protected.
- No access to digital storage devices - All the external drives are disabled on each computer. Personnel are not allowed to bring in any floppies, any electronic devices including laptops, PDA, or any written documents.
- Compliance with online backups - Monthly back-ups of computer systems will be done and stored in a locked outbuilding on our property.
- Secure file transfer facility - The completed documents are returned to you securely by browser-based drop box, secure FTP or right into your EMR system or other software systems. We follow a minimum of 128-bit encryption for all transferred files.
- Security awareness and training - Our entire workforce is trained to follow each and every guideline regarding security updates.
Get In Touch With Us
Don't take a chance! Outsource your medical transcription tasks to a provider like MTS that attaches prime importance to data security. For detailed information on our HIPAA compliance and security measures, please feel free to contact us on phone at 1-800-670-2809.
- 3 Levels of Quality Assurance
- Accuracy Level of 99%
- All Specialties Covered
- Competitive Pricing
- Digital Recorder Dictation
- Electronic Signatures
- Feeds for EHR or EPM
- HIPAA Compliant Service
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Toll Free Phone Dictation
- Transcription Management Software
- Volume Rates Available