Affordable medical transcription services that do not in any way compromise on quality is what the medical industry is looking for. A reliable transcription service provider is expected to maintain excellent accuracy in the data provided. Reputable transcription companies have to meet the demand for accuracy, competence and affordability even with the most challenging medical transcription projects.
What are the features you need to look into when deciding on a medical transcription service provider? Here are the main ones.
Reliability of the Medical Transcription Service Provider
- Check the list of HIPAA compliant medical transcription companies. Compare them and find out the best provider.
- Check the experience of the provider by checking the portfolio.
- Check the client list and communicate with former as well as existing clients in the list to find whether the information given is reliable.
- Evaluate the systems, software and techniques used by the provider.
- Assess the security measures the provider has in place to ensure confidentiality and security of your patient data.
Report Generation Turnaround Time (TAT)
- The medical transcription service provider should ideally deliver the transcripts within 24 hours.
- Turnaround time influences cost. Some providers can meet immediate turnaround time requirements as well. Choose a provider that can offer the kind of service you are looking for within your required TAT.
You must choose a company that can provide service within your budget.
- The service provider will charge according to the number of lines transcribed.
- Check their billing procedure and see whether any hidden and rework charges are involved.
- Check for the charges for moving your patientâ€™s records to a new system.
By considering the above factors, you can identify a trustworthy, HIPAA compliant medical transcription company. Ideally, you need a service provider that is sensitive to your specialty requirements, and provides customized service.