HIPAA Compliant Medical Transcription Services for Healthcare Professionals
Healthcare entities including hospitals, group practitioners, long term care facilities, individual physicians, private practices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, rehab clinics, acute care facilities, and multi-specialty practices prefer medical transcription services that comply with HIPAA guidelines. With HIPAA compliant medical transcription services, healthcare professionals can remain assured that their patient’s health related information is well-protected.
In order to maintain the privacy and security of medical records and ensure confidentiality, a medical transcription company will equip all office computers with:
- Regular Windows updates involving computer security
- Excellent antivirus program
- File encryption software
- Firewall protection
- Secure, password protected email and FTP sites
Being a client, you can file a complaint against medical transcription companies that fail to follow HIPAA guidelines. The complaint should be submitted to the OCR manager of your region within 180 days of the violation.
Majority of the medical transcription companies that offer HIPAA compliant medical transcription services make use of cutting edge technology for faster processing of medical records. These include high speed internet connection and also dedicated servers and dictation equipment. Based on the requisites of the client, these firms provide their services for both short term and long term projects. To ensure the accuracy of data, all transcribed files are verified, proofread and reviewed using state-of-the-art medical resources. They also offer flexible dictation options with customized format of delivered text.
Overview of Benefits
By outsourcing medical transcription services to an HIPAA compliant medical transcription company, healthcare facilities can enjoy a lot of benefits which include huge savings related to maintaining employees and equipment. Other benefits include:
- Guaranteed data security
- Increased data efficiency
- Various security measures are implemented to avoid theft or vandalism of any information stored on systems
- Quick turnaround time from 12-24 hours
- Multi-level checks by professionals to prevent errors
- 128-bit data encryption for all transferred files
- Flexible dictation options – digital devices and toll free number
- Well-organized data storage, retrieval and backup
- Following of File Transfer Protocol for delivering documents in a secure way
- Effectively streamlines business processing
- Ensures privacy of patient records and data
HIPAA compliant medical transcription services involve transcribing dictations of medical records including physical/operative reports, patient history, discharge summaries, scan reports, lab/x-ray reports, consultation notes, procedure notes, progress notes, clinic notes, discharge summaries, follow-up notes, independent medical assessments and pathology reports.
Every requirement of healthcare facilities for efficient and speedy client record processing is fulfilled with the help of medical transcription service providers operating 24×7.
Latest posts by Julie Clements (see all)
- Documentation Crucial for OT Interventions in Autistic Children - October 16, 2014
- How Dermatologists Can Prevent Misdiagnosis of Cellulitis - October 6, 2014
- Need for a Patient-centric Approach When Writing Pathology Reports - September 22, 2014