Medical facilities are increasingly outsourcing their back office operations including medical transcription. Choosing the right medical transcription company is important. The medical documentation process has to be accurate, safe and fast. Entrusting the job to the right transcription company, with sufficient experience in the field, would ensure comprehensive solutions based on the unique needs of healthcare providers.
Select a Right Company – Points to Consider
The medical transcription service provider makes a great difference to the functioning and productivity of the healthcare facility. Therefore, medical transcription outsourcing should be done only after careful evaluation of the reputability of company. Some of the aspects that should be considered are:
- Flexibility of dictation options: A reliable firm would provide flexible and convenient dictation options like digital dictation machines and toll free numbers.
- Transfer of files: The firm should provide secure file transfer options such as through FTP, email or browser based 256 bit AES encryption protocol.
- Work done by Experts: Reputable medical transcription companies have a skilled panel of professionals comprising experienced transcriptionists, editors, proofreaders and medical editors to ensure high quality solutions.
- Rapid turnaround time: A reliable transcription company would deliver all the transcribed documents within the prescribed or client-specific turnaround time.
- Quality assurance: Stringent quality checks are necessary to ensure that the final transcripts are error-free.
- HIPAA compliance: It is important to confirm transcription solutions whether the transcription firm is HIPAA-compliant and follows all the necessary norms and regulations to ensure security and confidentiality for the personal and health-related information of patients.
- Technical support and customer care: Round-the-clock technical support and customer care is especially important for medical facilities that outsource their transcription work.
- Service costs: Established and experienced companies can offer transcription solutions at affordable rates.
Reliable Medical Transcription Partner
Selecting the right medical transcription company with a proven track record would be a genuine complement for your healthcare facility. Assigning your medical reports documentation jobs to such a firm ensures quality solutions to suit your needs, as well as many other advantages in terms of time, effort and money. Searching online directories and yellow pages would help you to get information on the reliable transcription companies.