Nowadays, maintaining in-house transcription facilities is proving to be a costly option as it requires large investments to buy transcription equipment and train staffs. So most of the healthcare firms in the US now outsource their transcription jobs to medical transcription service providers.
Experienced medical transcription companies offer you outstanding transcription in various specialties including orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, gastroenterology, internal medicine, radiology, chiropractic and podiatry. Seeking the help of medical transcription service providers would benefit physicians and medical clinics in a number of ways.
- Saves on resources needed to hire and train professionals
- Saves your time as well as effort
- Great saving on office infrastructure
- High level of accuracy
- Low operating costs
- Encrypted and secure file transfer
- Reduces transcription costs
- Improves work flow
- HIPAA compliant medical transcription services
- Eliminates transcription headaches
- Shortens turnaround time
- Provides security measures to prevent vandalism of any information stored on system
Normally, medical transcription companies accept three modes of dictation – telephonic dictation, digital handheld dictations and computer dictations. They are capable of transcribing dictations such as physical/operative reports, consultation notes, psychiatric evaluations, independent medical assessments, discharge summaries, lab/x-ray reports and pathology reports. These reports can be customized to meet the clientâ€™s requirements.
A good medical transcription service company transcribes medical documents and returns the transcribed files on time. Once the files are transcribed, they undergo quality checks by proofreaders and editors. You can receive the files via FTP or e-mail. To enable easy transcription of files, medical transcription providers are equipped with state-of-the-art tools and techniques including dictation equipment, dedicated servers and high-end computers with uninterrupted high-speed Internet; highly skilled workforce, and intensive experience.
Choosing a professional and reliable medical transcription firm is very important for the efficient management of medical records. Â There are so many factors to be considered when choosing a professional medical transcription service provider.
- Make sure that the firm has enough years of experience to meet the requirements of your medical facility
- Strictly follows HIPAA standards
- Provides comprehensive medical transcription solution