Medical transcription service ensures increased profitability and cash flow for healthcare professionals in addition to allowing them to focus on their core business activities and provide quality healthcare. Medical transcription service providers transcribe medical documents such as patient history, diagnostic details, physical reports, laboratory summaries, consultation notes, test reports, death summaries, referrals, follow-up letters, X-ray reports, surgical summaries and medical examination. These services are HIPAA compliant, providing complete security and confidentiality for patient data. The services are offered to various medical specialties including orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, gastroenterology, internal medicine, radiology, chiropractic and podiatry.
Besides increasing the productivity and cash flow of healthcare facilities, outsourcing medical transcription provides a wide range of benefits:
- Reduce operating cost:Â The operating cost is very high if you carry out medical transcription in-house. By outsourcing medical transcription, you can considerably reduce overheads. You donâ€™t have to worry about owning a dictation system or upgrading to the latest equipment.
- Save cost (40% to 60%): You can save cost on employee benefits such as payroll taxes, medical office space, health insurance, paid vacation time and office equipment.
- Save resources needed to hire and train professionals
- Cut down management expenses
- Speed up reimbursements: In medical transcription outsourcing, patient medical records are created on time. This can speed up reimbursements as patient medical records provide the base for coding and billing.
- Ease your workload, thus save time and effort
- Reduce transcription headaches
In short, by outsourcing medical transcription a healthcare facility can enjoy many benefits at cost-effective rates, with added advantages of guaranteed turnaround time, encrypted and secure file transfer, advanced technology, HIPAA and HITECH compliance, high level of accuracy, confidentiality, 24/7 customer support and more.